CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 03, 2008

What's so wrong with being a SAHM?

I just turned down a job. It would be working at a lawyers office answering phones and doing some data entry. It would have paid $15/hour. I would finally be able to get a car. But lets be honest, after daycare that pretty much is all it would help us do. And I think that's a dumb reason to go back to work.

I feel it's more important to stay home. I have LOVED being home the last 9 months. Not having to worry about my kids. Being there for them. Having them drive me crazy. True, it hasn't been ideal. It's just SO much fun having to get a ride everywhere. But, honestly I wouldn't give up being a SAHM just for a car.

3 comments:

Elozia Marie said...

absolutely nothing is wrong with being a SAHM. Anyone who tells you differently needs to be bopped on the head :)

Anonymous said...

Well I think being a SAHM rocks!! And yeah after daycare costs that really wouldn't help the car budget!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like the opposite of what I hear because I decided not to have kids! I say do whatever the hell makes you happy and when others decide they want to pay your bills for you, they can have an opinion about what you do with your life. :)