CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Well, that was weird.

Today I watched one of my good friends son Asher who just turned one. It was so weird! I seriously haven't watched a "baby" since mine was that little. I felt like I was new at it or something. I forgot to put on his bib. Oh, the joys of a one year old with a banana! I had a heck of a time remembering that he probably didn't understand a tenth of what I was saying to him. He was very cute though and a very good baby. I might be tempted to watch him again.

The great thing was that even though he is 2 years younger than my crazy 3 year old they still had a blast playing together. It was great not having to entertain my kid 24/7. DH works evenings so he spent the morning/early afternoon with us. He is such a baby man. I am so excited to be having another one...

Things I havn't had to do for awhile that I did today....

  1. Change diapers... ds has been potty trained for a few months now.
  2. Bibs. Seriously, the kid was a mess! I should have taken a pic.
  3. Formula and bottles.
  4. Cutting things up into a million bazillion pieces.
  5. Hiding all the little toys so he wouldn't swallow them.
  6. Babyproofing the house.
  7. Rocking a baby to sleep.
  8. Not having a kid talk back to me. Oh, now that was nice!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Its amazing how you forget all the things that you have to do for them, huh?

Lei said...

well, a reminder is a good thing, sicne you're gonna have another one around permanently in about, oh, 6 months? lol! don't think i've visited your blog before now... bad, bad mof i am!

MusicalMom said...

Oh, fun! Babies are so much fun, but they're more work, too. Having baby #3 when child #2 was three was an adjustment!

And I'm so jealous about the no diaper thing. I've been changing them for 6 years with no break!!!!

Rachelle said...

Good thing for practice! This will be you soon!