CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Pleased as Punch!

So, little known (or widely known, depending on how you know me) fact is that as much as I am at the yarn store I really don't knit at all. I mostly crochet. And since I have professed rather vigorously that I DO NOT KNIT... here is where I get to eat my words.

I finished this today. Yes, FINISHED. As in actually knit something and didn't take it apart after a few rows. You see, I prefer to crochet. It's faster and if you make a mistake it's not nearly as hard to fix it as it is if you were knitting. That being said, I just love how knit items turn out. They just look more "finished" and not so "homemade" looking. I've always said that I don't have the patience to knit. I guess I must have learned some somewhere.

Here it is, a purple fingerless glove to wear to Gabe's T-Ball games.
knit fingerless gloves

6 comments:

kelly said...

totally awesome! now you need to make some matching leg warmers for your aiden (i just realized that i'm not sure how you spell her name... sorry)- on sunday john was watching you crochet and was very impressed. you do beautiful work, and that natural knitting gene is just screaming to be let loose!

Onica said...

Legwarmers... fantastic idea! And don't tell anyone I was crocheting in church! I really am NOT supposed to do that, but the baby is already here and is being blessed June 1st!

Tia said...

Yeah! Super cute..I want to see them at the next game:)

Misty said...

lol that you were crocheting in church! There was a 2 ladies in my last ward that would knit/crochet every sunday during sacrament. (I was the chorister, so I just sat up there and watched what everyone did...)

Misty said...

ew, typos....there WERE 2 ladies, etc.

April said...

I almost went and made cake waffles after you posted this, but I didn't want to eat it all! And I wasn't about to share with someone.

BTW, tag!!