CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

My kid plays T-Ball!!!

It really is a surreal thing. I grew up in a very artsy house. My dad was in drama, my mom was in choir. I did the whole band/choir/drama thing. My three sisters have done one or all of the same as well. No real sports in there. Ok, there was a summer or two when we were on the Parks Swim Team. But most of my growing up was in rehearsals.


My husband however was a jock. He played football in high school. His parents are really into sports. His siblings did sports. You could say most of his growing up was spent on a field (or a court... whatever).


Here's Gabe in the line-up at his first game. I was so upset. We got his schedule on Tuesday and his first game was on Thursday. And wouldn't you know it, but I had a big Scentsy party at the same time so I missed it!
James got some video footage. For going to film school his camera work is complete crap. I'm starting to wonder if he was awake during that class. To give him credit he was trying to coach Gabe.
T-ball is VERY funny and entertaining. The kids really have no clue what going on, so there is a LOT of shouting from parents and coaches. "Run to first. No not THAT way".
My favorite footage of the game: Gabe is running the bases and the ball comes near him. He stops, backtracks, picks up the ball and throws it to first. We've since had the discussion that he really doesn't need to help the other team while he's running bases.
He's loving t-ball and so are we. Well, I could do with some warmer weather, but this is Washington. I don't think warmer weather exists here.

3 comments:

April said...

I love sports with young kids! They are the most entertaining!

Misty said...

Ok, that would have been so funny to see! I love that he helped the other team. Very thoughtful.

Tia said...

Howdy! Love the T-ball shout out...Are you going to practice tonight? I'll be there freezing my assets off as usual:) Gotta love it:)