CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Is this really what I want to do?

The last couple of months have been a great diversion. All I do is work. And it's completely crazy hours. I must be hiding from something. Maybe it's life.

The more and more I work the more and more I would just like to stay home and be a good mom. Or have my own business. I figure if I'm putting in all these crazy hours I might as well be doing it for myself.

I read other mom's blogs. It's kind of depressing. They all have funny antidotes about what their kids are doing. Mine goes to daycare. I have no idea what he does there all day. They get to vent about how their kids destroyed there house right after they cleaned it. My house still has some Christmas decorations up and is filthy. They have time to have hobbies. My scrapbook area has a layer of dust so thick I can't even tell what's under it.

I'm not saying that being a SAHM is any easier that being a working mom. It's so not. SAHM are underappreciated by society and maybe even their own families. I just really feel like I'm missing out on the one reason why we had children. To watch them grow.

Sorry folks, no list for me today. I just can't do it.

9 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I have been both, a working Mom and a SAHM. I love them both to be honest. There are rewards both ways. But it is hard to be away from our babies. So hard. It is hard to find balance so you fel like you are doing your best in both areas, and maybe this is a bad day, but you have such good balance. I have heard cute stories about things Gabe has done, I have heard you talk about him and your relationship is not lacking.

And although I stay home, my house is never clean... When I work, even worse... ;)

Rachelle said...

Onice, I so understand. Being a working mom is really hard sometimes. I feel guilty taking time for myself because I feel I neglect Cam. He started to cry when I left for work this morning and it broke my heart. Feel free to talk to me about it at anytime. I know how hard it can be!!!!!

Wendy, Fragrant Blade said...

Onica, I feel for you. Being a FT working mom who never had a choice to be a SAHM, I can relate to your feelings of guilt, etc. I do think, though, that you are being way too hard on yourself. Being a good provider is not something to sneeze at. Having your child live in total poverty with no amenities is not a good alternative either. And he has friends at day care, who can offer him levels of development that you never ever could, no matter how hard you try.

At the end of the day, if you cannot help it, then thinking about it has no beneficial effect for anyone. Chin up dearie. It will get better. It will get easier.

Elozia Marie said...

(((((Hugs!))))

emlouisa said...

(((hugs!)))

MusicalMom said...

How are things going, now? I hope they're looking up.

Pamela said...

(((HUGS)))

Stacy said...

Oh, Onica!!! I appreciate you and the hard work you put in to being a mom, a wife, and a support while your dh gets his dreams off the ground! Hang in there. He'll make it big some day and you'll look back at this time and smile!
StacyL

Michelle W. said...

Hugs. I've also been both SAHM and working mom like most that posted comments. I think it's hard either way. I agree that SAHM really gets no respect in this society!

Michelle