CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Moving on up!

So today is my first day in my new department at Nordies. For the past 3 months I have been in the infants/toddlers department and have been doing rather well. But, I want to go into management and my store manager doesn't really like to promote out of the kids wear departments and wanted to see me in something more challenging. (Screaming mothers isn't a challenge?). My new department...

Accessories.

Scarves, Hats, Belts, Sunglasses, Hair Accessories. All designer of course. And not one freaking thing that I can afford. Not like I need any of it. See, that's the hard part about working retail. This overwhelming feeling that you have to keep up w/ the Joneses. Well, I'm trying hard to beat that feeling down. So far, so good.

The good thing about Nordies... I make commission off my sales. The bad... They deduct any returns from my sales. Sucks. Thus the reason for moving into management. Granted I will have WAY more stress, but...

Reason why management would work well for me...

  1. Salary PLUS commission
  2. 33% discount (I only get 20 right now)
  3. Never really have to close ever again unless I want to.
  4. I get to make my own schedule.
  5. Managers are only required to work 1 Sunday a month. Right now I work all of them.
  6. I get to be bossy and have a darn good reason for it.

Not too shabby. There are some minuses. Like during sales (three times a year) you have to put in 12+ days. But to be home every night by 6 for the most part would be wonderful. More time w/ my family and a more steady income. At least my personal life would be less stressful.

1 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Screaming Mothers...LOL

Man I could dig working in accessories. If I were to work in Nordstroms, dare I say accessories would be a dream come true...

That would be a fabulous discount. Not to mention all the other perks of management, good luck with that!